Legislative Chair: Open
Our Legislative Chair will help keep your local PTSA informed on the latest issues and bills in Olympia that effect our students and educators. If you do not have a Legislative Chair for your PTSA, you should consider asking a volunteer to serve in this position. Our Legislative Chair can help your local PTSA understand the importance of being involved in advocating for our students. For more information, click on the Advocacy page of the Washington State PTA website.
Our short-term platform for the next two years will be:
1. Social Emotional Learning*
2. Amply Fund Basic Education*
3. Closing the Opportunity Gap*
4. Standards for Para-educators*
5. Breakfast after the Bell*
Issues Also Supported (listed alphabetically)
- Improving Educational Outcomes for Foster Children*
- Engaging Families in Student Success
- Post-Secondary Higher Education*
- Removing Barriers to implementing ECEAP (Early Childhood
Education and Assistance Program)
- Restorative Justice and School Safety
*2015-16 legislative issues
Highline Council Parent Teacher Student Association
PO Box 66539 Burien, WA 98166
Parent Teacher Student Association.
All Rights Reserved.
Our Senior Scholarship Fund helps with vision and hearing services for our students in need. Highline Schools employees contribute to the fund, which also funds our Scholarship program.
The Highline Council PTSA serves the local PTA's of the Highline School District Area and is in Region 9 of the Washington State PTA.
Washington State PTA is part of the National PTA.
Keep up with what is going on in Highline Council PTSA and your local PTA's.